To help you meet other singles on Zoosk, we need to collect and store some information about you. The more you share with us, the better we are at matching you with other singles. Other information helps you do things like chat with other daters, make purchases, and get help from Zoosk’s Customer Support team.
Here’s an overview of the data we collect about you:
To create your dating profile and introduce you to other people, we use information that you share with us when you sign up and/or subscribe. This includes information such as:
• Profile information you’ve entered such as your display name, date of birth, location, photos, gender, gender preference, ethnicity, religion, profile descriptions
• Billing or payment information you save with us such as your credit card or billing address
• Contact information you decide to share with us such as your name, email, phone number, or address
• Social media accounts (such as Facebook, Twitter, or Google+) you’ve linked to your Zoosk account, including any Facebook interests you’ve added to your profile
• Device data that’s automatically collected from your computer or phone such as your mobile phone brand or model, IP address, mobile carrier, browser type, or individual device IDs
To help you use features like matching, chatting, and customer support, we collect information about how you use Zoosk such as:
• People you’ve liked or said yes, no, or maybe to
• Matches or connections you’ve made
• Messaging history
• Transaction history
• Analytics that help us match you with other people
• Customer support records such as call history, call recordings, and customer agent notes
Yes, Zoosk may share your information with third parties and various service providers in order to do things like match you with other singles, provide you with customer support, or help protect you and other daters from fraud. These service providers help keep Zoosk running properly, so you and other customers can enjoy the full service we provide.
Some of the service providers we work with include:
| • Technology Service Providers, such as data hosting providers
• Cybersecurity and Fraud Prevention Services
• Advertising and Marketing Service Providers
• Analytics Services
We also collect, use and share aggregated and/or anonymous data (“Aggregated Data”) for any purpose. Examples include aggregated statistical or demographic data or data provided in hashed, non-human readable form. For example, we may aggregate your usage data on how you use the Services (“Usage Data”) to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but does not directly or indirectly identify you and therefore does not amount to personal data.
Zoosk shares some information about you with advertising and marketing service providers so that the ads you see while using Zoosk are targeted and relevant to you.
Data we DON’T share with advertisers includes:
– “Sensitive personal information”: such as sexual orientation, political affiliation, religion, and certain other data.
Data we do share with advertisers includes:
– Demographic information such as your age, gender, and location (on a city, state, or country level)
– Technical data such as what kind of phone, computer, or operating system you use
– Device information such as your phone’s device ID or your computer’s IP address
– Cookie, pixel, or advertising tags
For more information about advertising on Zoosk, including how to opt out of targeted advertising, visit our Ads Policy.
To request a copy of your data, send a request to our Customer Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to protect your data and personal information, you’ll be asked to confirm your identity by providing two sources of identification that we can connect with your Zoosk account.
In your request please include:
• The email associated with your Zoosk account
• A utility bill or other mail with the location associated with your Zoosk account (city or postal code)
• A copy of a government-issued photo ID that includes your name and date of birth
If you’d like to delete your data from Zoosk, send a request to our Customer Support team at email@example.com.
If you’re a subscriber who purchased your subscription through a third-party account, such as iTunes or Amazon, deleting your data from Zoosk will not cancel your subscription and the subscription must be cancelled in accordance with that third party’s terms and conditions.
• Learn how to cancel your Zoosk subscription using an Apple iPhone, iPod, iPad, or through iTunes.
• Learn how to cancel your subscription through Amazon.
If you’re a subscriber who purchased your subscription directly through Zoosk, deleting your data from Zoosk will automatically cancel your subscription.
For answers to additional questions or assistance, contact Zoosk Customer Support.
If you deactivate your account, your profile will not be visible to other members and if you want to return to Zoosk in the future, you can reactivate your account by logging in to your account using your email address and password.
Deleting your data from Zoosk will remove your account and the information associated with it from Zoosk. If you delete your data, your profile will be removed from Zoosk, and if you want to return to Zoosk in the future, you will not be able to reactivate your account and will need to create a new one.