The first week of January is the busiest week of the year for online dating, with registrations up 18 percent compared to the week of Christmas. While the holidays can be a hectic time, those first days of 2016 are a great time to get your online dating profile in tip top shape so you can hit the ground running in the new year. Below, you’ll find 2015’s best dating tips to help you find love in 2016.
If you have 1 week:
- Upload a variety of photos that clearly show who you are, including a full body shot which increases messages received by 203%.
- Take advantage of opportunities to showcase that your profile is authentic.
- Start using the site as much as possible to improve your matches.
- Create a descriptive profile that steers clear of clichés, like “I’m down to earth” and uses solid examples that highlight your personality, like “I love spaghetti and hiking with my dog Rufus.”
If you have 1 day:
- Upload a variety of photos, including a full body shot.
- Get your photo verified.
- Pick the time of day you send any initial messages wisely. Singles are least responsive during the afternoon slump of 2-3pm.
- Fill out your profile with as much detail as possible, honing in on key examples that set you apart from the crowd.
If you have 1 hour:
- Upload at least two photos, and make sure one of them is a full body shot.
- Get your photo verified. This process only takes a couple minutes and is great way to show potential suitors you’re the real deal.
- Complete your profile basics