For many, drinking on a date is the best way to relax, take the edge off, and keep the conversation going. But, overdoing it can have negative consequences on your dating life. Here are 5 reasons to keep it to two drinks—max.
- Being a sloppy mess isn’t fun for anyone. There’s a fine line between being the most fun person in the room and being the one everyone wishes would just go home already. If you have a low tolerance, and even two drinks is pushing it for you, then stick with just one, and sip slowly.
- It could make your date uncomfortable. Just because you can drink four martinis and stay sober, your date might be feeling tipsy halfway into a light beer. Keep your drinks to a minimum so your date is focused more on the conversation instead of your ability to throwback cocktails.
- You might say/do something you shouldn’t. Getting intoxicated and explaining your true feelings can nip the beginnings of chemistry faster than the speed of light.
- Slurring is never sexy. Slurred words are always impossible to understand and are NEVER attractive. Your first date is all about making a great first impression, and slurring definitely won’t do that.
- You’ll feel embarrassed the next morning. Although it’s not scientifically proven, the majority of people do something to make themselves look absolutely ridiculous when they’ve had one too many. Regret and a hangover is a combination you wouldn’t wish on your worst enemy, so stick two to drinks, then switch to water.