Let’s be honest here-breakups suck. A lot. Even if the relationship was toxic or already dead long before it was officially ended, the process is still very painful and thoroughly unenjoyable for those involved.
If you’re trying to recover from the end of a relationship, here’re some great quotes to remind you that it’s okay to be upset, it’s okay to cry a bit, and that most importantly, things will get better from here. So keep your chin up, you’ve totally got this, and you’ll feel better soon. Here are some of our favorite positive break up quotes to help heal a broken heart.
Our 10 Favorite Positive Break Up Quotes
1. “Letting go has never been easy, but holding on can be as difficult. Yet strength is measured not by holding on, but by letting go.” ~ Len Santos
One of the first steps towards recovery is to let go. Let go of the relationship that was, and find your inner strength to move on to a happier tomorrow. You are so much stronger than you think.
2. “I think it’s important to realize that you can miss something, but not want it back.” ~ Paulo Coelho
There’s nothing wrong with missing being in a relationship. In many cases, there’s nothing wrong with missing a specific relationship. However, realizing that you deserve better than what you had will help empower you to move on to bigger and better things.
3. “If you were happy with the wrong one, just think how happy you will be when the right one comes.” ~ Unknown
You might have been very happy with your ex, but now they’re, well, an ex. If you were so happy with someone who you clearly weren’t meant to be with for the rest of your life, just think about how amazing it’ll be when you find The One. Trust me, it’ll be wonderful.
4. “One of the best times for figuring out who you are & what you really want out of life? Right after a break-up.” ~ Mandy Hale
As awful as breakups are, they tend to lead to a lot of self-reflection. Take advantage of this time to really think about what you want to do with your life, and now that you don’t have anyone holding you back, go for it!
5. “I cannot compromise my respect for your love. You can keep your love, I will keep my respect.” ~ Amit Kalantri
If a relationship reaches a point where you’re forced to consider whether you should compromise your morals for the sake of your significant other’s love, you need to get out. Leave before the relationship becomes even more toxic, knowing you’re making the right decision.
6. “When we are in love, we are convinced nobody else will do. But as time goes, others do do, and often do do, much much better.” ~ Jamie Weise
You will find someone else. You will find someone better who deserves the amazing person that you are. Keep your chin up; you’ve totally got this.
7. “At your absolute best, you still won’t be good enough for the wrong person. At your worst, you’ll still be worth it to the right person.” ~ Karen Salmansohn
Sometimes romantic partners take joy in belittling their significant others. If your ex was this way, remember this: you are more than enough; they just refused to see it. Somewhere out there is a person who will love you and respect you. That person is worthy of you. Your toxic ex is not.
8. “Breakups hurt, but losing someone who doesn’t respect and appreciate you is actually a gain, not a loss.” ~ Unknown
Yes, you’ve lost a relationship status, but what have you gained? Freedom, peace of mind, the possibility of a much better future… the list goes on and on. You’re better off without them, and you’re worth more.
9. “Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.” ~ Marilyn Monroe
Even if the relationship was good, it wasn’t meant to be, and that’s okay. Better things are coming just around the corner.
10. “When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead.” ~ Barney Stinson
Barney is neither a real person nor the sort of person whom you necessarily want to emulate if you’re looking for a lasting relationship. With that being said, he does give some great advice from time to time. When you’re feeling down over the loss of your relationship, remember that 1.) you’re an awesome human being, 2.) you’re worth more than your ex deserved, and 3.) you’re an awesome human being (it’s worth repeating, because, well, it’s true).
Now that you’ve read our favorite positive break up quotes, start rocking your newfound singleness. Whether that means curling up on the couch in your pajamas with your pet to watch your favorite movie or hitting the local nightlife with friends, embrace it! You are free to do what you want to do with your spare time, and what’s more, you are your own awesome, amazing person, and nothing is ever going to change that.